Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:37 pm Why would anyone want to involve themselves in discussions (or arguments) about a plugin they don't own?

Is it because they'd rather waste their time posting about plugins they don't own than using the plugins they do own to make music?

There is enough noise at KVR without non-player characters polluting threads with their irrelevant opinions.

But I realize that some people's whole lives seem to revolve around posting on the internet and to them I have nothing but pity.
For myself, because of having an interest in a good plugin that this appears to be. Unfortunately in these times, it is in my best interest to consider multiple things like the company, support, development, and even its customer/user base community. I already own a couple plugins where I've learned to not name them in public because of there being a seemingly 96% of creepy cult behavior by their users. So all things considered, this is a thread to watch and try to avoid commenting, but never to exclude from doing so completely. If comments and questions are troubling to them, then it really is a tell to consider also.

Certainly monitoring a thread about a plugin you might be interested is fine but just jumping in to start arguments about a plugin one doesn't own and probably never will is a pointless waste of time and simply brings noise.

Those of us who do own the plugin have a vested interest in the future of Rapid (or lack thereof). Those who don't own it have invested nothing and hence have nothing to lose so their opinions on the subject of Rapid's future are utterly irrelevant.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

⬆️ do you secretly want to be a mod? 😂😂
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Teksonik wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 pm Certainly monitoring a thread about a plugin you might be interested is fine but just jumping in to start arguments about a plugin one doesn't own and probably never will is a pointless waste of time and simply brings noise.

Those of us who do own the plugin have a vested interest in the future of Rapid (or lack thereof). Those who don't own it have invested nothing and hence have nothing to lose so their opinions on the subject of Rapid's future are utterly irrelevant.
This is a public discussion forum. Everyone is entitled to post here, even people who may not even be interested in audio software or hardware.

And, BTW, I don't think anyone in this thread doesn't have any interest in Rapid.

What you're really saying is that you feel entitled to post whatever you want but other members are not allowed to post something you don't like without you attacking them:
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:30 pm Actually, they're not that dissatisfied. They just pretend to be. ;) They still buy every of your product. They just like to complain, and feel entitled a lot. Every broken nail is a bit of a drama these days.
chk071 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:08 am I get it though. If development slows, people start panicking, and need to pull stuff out of their derrière. Happens every time.
chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 pm Parawave even have a FAQ entry for our insecure fellow forumers:
And so on......You've brought nothing but noise and drama to this thread but that seems to be your Raison d'être so for that I have nothing but pity for you.

EDIT: Oh and KVR is not a public forum. It's a private site owned by a private citizen so no freedom of speech laws apply. Membership here is a privilege not a right.
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I just added Rapid back into my template. I love the sound but I'm strictly a composer so I never took much time to figure out how it'll best work for me. My biggest regret with this plugin is the lack of sounds for it either by Parawave or 3rd party companies. I would use it all the time with there were a lot of well made presets floating around out there.

dblock wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:34 pm ..... My biggest regret with this plugin is the lack of sounds for it either by Parawave or 3rd party companies....
This!!!
I am way less interested in new features etc.. It is just surprising the little number of Parawave or 3rd party banks available for it.

Miro does a lot of banks for other synths for other developers....I imagine he has lots of contact(s) with other sound designers...strange that with all of this they aren't more Banks for Rapid.

I am not in love with the sound of it, for me it sounds very vanilla like... BUT, it has unbelievably low cpu usage and like the Korg Trintiy/Triton (which I also find vanilla sounding) it just works well in a mix.
I may not find the sound inspiring but it sure blends well imho.
rsp
sound sculptist

Shame we hear nothing here it's a bad sign for sure, well it is not a good sign is it.

A good synth with good basic sound. The filter is like turning a nail around scraping the inside of a metal pot, rather cutting on the ears, even without any treble, you need to keep it within a narrow range and hide that a little at times/find correct filter/mess around a little more. Other than that it's capable of a lot of good and wide ranging sounds.

Always the chance of another company taking it over? This might be a good thing if it were to happen. Could be a silver lining.

twal wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:20 pm Always the chance of another company taking it over? This might be a good thing if it were to happen. Could be a silver lining.
Well, there are a million other synths out there. I just think Rapid, while good, was a missed opportunity beginning with marketing (or lack of) and a push to expand it's capabilities. I think that's one of the reasons it didn't really take off so there was never any real zeal to make presets for it. jmo.

On the plus side, you do have a few alternative skins available for Rapid. Because the UI hasn't been updated like Dune 3.xx, for a long time, they are still fully usable. Find them here.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:11 pm On the plus side, you do have a few alternative skins available for Rapid. Because the UI hasn't been updated like Dune 3.xx, for a long time, they are still fully usable. Find them here.
Those are some really nice skins. Thanks for posting that.

dblock wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:34 pm I just added Rapid back into my template. I love the sound but I'm strictly a composer so I never took much time to figure out how it'll best work for me. My biggest regret with this plugin is the lack of sounds for it either by Parawave or 3rd party companies. I would use it all the time with there were a lot of well made presets floating around out there.
I released 3 or 4 banks for it here with another one incoming soon.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

If parallel wave ever reads this I hope that they consider adding links on their website to direct other third-party sound bank so it'll be easier for their customers to load up on more presets. The thing is with their marketing strategy with like $75 a bank, I don't know if they would be willing to advertise other banks for like 15 $20 on the website, especially if they're even near as good.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:35 am If parallel wave ever reads this I hope that they consider adding links on their website to direct other third-party sound bank so it'll be easier for their customers to load up on more presets. The thing is with their marketing strategy with like $75 a bank, I don't know if they would be willing to advertise other banks for like 15 $20 on the website, especially if they're even near as good.
And promote a 3rd party ...Are you joking?
Since when did they ever bother to do that!
Reminds me of Nexus and Avenger where 3rd party sound designers who are busting their balls are more or less locked out from greedy short sighted anti trust eco systems.
Case in point look at Reveal Spire who opened their eco system up and have a ton of excellent 3rd party banks.
That's how its done.

Return to “Instruments”