Waldorf Micro Q Emulator (Vavra)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any news on multithread version of Vavra? I would love to run 2 or more instances (easy with Osirus) :clap:

frag wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:40 am Any news on multithread version of Vavra? I would love to run 2 or more instances (easy with Osirus) :clap:
I don't understand. Why are you not able to run 2 or more instances of Vavra? Every instance runs on a different CPU core. You can use as many as your CPU is able to handle, just like with any other plugin.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:43 am
frag wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:40 am Any news on multithread version of Vavra? I would love to run 2 or more instances (easy with Osirus) :clap:
I don't understand. Why are you not able to run 2 or more instances of Vavra? Every instance runs on a different CPU core. You can use as many as your CPU is able to handle, just like with any other plugin.
There's nothing to understand, many users reported here that Vavra is much heavier on CPU/ASIO buffer than Osirus.
Someone said they're working on multithread solution both for MicroQ and Q so I'm asking about that.

Ok, so you can't run more than 2 instances. It sounded as if you think that everyone can only run a single instance of it.

Surprising though. My mid tier i5-11600K can run 6 instances plus (I didn't try more than that). But, of course, it's always nice if the devs reduce the CPU requirements.

frag wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:10 pm There's nothing to understand, many users reported here that Vavra is much heavier on CPU/ASIO buffer than Osirus.
Someone said they're working on multithread solution both for MicroQ and Q so I'm asking about that.
Yeah that means they're optimizing the code in general, there isnt going to be a special 'multithread' release. Osirus was not exactly CPU friendly for awhile either.

If you want to keep up with the latest updates, the Discord is where you need to go.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:13 pm Ok, so you can't run more than 2 instances. It sounded as if you think that everyone can only run a single instance of it.

Surprising though. My mid tier i5-11600K can run 6 instances plus (I didn't try more than that). But, of course, it's always nice if the devs reduce the CPU requirements.
I can run multiple instances with monophonic sounds. But layering two pads leads to dropouts :D

To be honest, even if they improve CPU usage, I wouldn't expect miracles though. Running the emulator is tough work for your computer. It's not like running a plugin, it's emulating a DSP processor, AND a plugin. If anything, I'd expect improvements in the low percentage range.

frag wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:01 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:13 pm Ok, so you can't run more than 2 instances. It sounded as if you think that everyone can only run a single instance of it.

I can run multiple instances with monophonic sounds. But layering two pads leads to dropouts :D
Have you tried multi-mode? Only need one instance. Pretty easy to setup in Ableton.
(Edit) Actually never mind what I said. It doesn't work. Don't know why I thought it did.

inception8a wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:00 am Have you tried multi-mode? Only need one instance. Pretty easy to setup in Ableton.
(Edit) Actually never mind what I said. It doesn't work. Don't know why I thought it did.
It works for layering, i.e. you can have multiple sounds playing the same part.

I just got this working. WOW.
I'm so impressed & excited; I donated to these developers.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:29 am
inception8a wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:00 am Have you tried multi-mode? Only need one instance. Pretty easy to setup in Ableton.
It works for layering, i.e. you can have multiple sounds playing the same part.
My bad. I was approaching it the wrong way.

In Ableton if you press the multi-mode button and click on each individual part you CAN make changes to each part or also using the bank/patch browser. You just can't tell by name that the part has changed to a different patch unlike Osirus where you can visually see the name has changed.

a. In Ableton you can set the Vavra channel to 'No Input'.

b. Then go to another midi channel and use the 'Midi To' and from the drop down select Vavra. Then use the drop down that then appears just below that to select one of the 16 parts of Vavra.

c. You should now be able to control 1-16 sounds of Vavra using the same method making the same selections in each new midi channel.

How is the setup for using Vavra as a FX? I know how to use Osirus as an FX but cannot find the same kind of "buttons" to operate to make sound.
Mac Pro 3,2Ghz - 10TB - 20GB, Cubase 10 + 8 + 7 + 5 + 4, Logic X, Yamaha 01v96, Hammerfall RAYDAT.

There's a selector around either the Glide or Unison button that you can switch to Input and it works. I haven't tried the Vocoder yet. I have to say the vocoder on Osirus is pretty lame for such a great synth.

Hi guys, I already have the great Osirus installed, and was wondering if it was worth installing Vavra. How might it compare with Osirus? Is it somehow a) 'better', b) 'worse', c) about the same, or would you suggest d) I simply go through with installing it to see for myself? e) None of the above/something else?
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

It's different. Very retro analog compared to other synths.

Return to “Instruments”