Vendor license policy collection

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DanielKonopka wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:51 pm Just checked: Plugin Alliance no longer offer transfer fee dynamic discount for 3+ simultaneous license transfers (per order).
My conclusion was it's during the PICK2/3/4 open-ended promotion that dynamic discounts are disabled. Did you contact them and verify the change is permanent?

Sure, 2 for $15 with $25 voucher is not quite as good as 3 for $17, but good enough if you only want 2 transfers. The $10 codes they ran earlier this year (and will presumably offer again in the future) did cut the single transfer fee in half. So it's not like they've closed off all transfer discount options ... but poor showing, I agree.

Noticed a new entry on the spreadsheet saying baby audio licence transfer is free however their website FAQ says they charge $20 per licence.
https://babyaud.io/faqs

Also waves factory is down as no licence transfer but the website says
Yes, you can transfer your license to another user. You’ll be required to pay the difference in price if you bought the plugin with a discount, plus €15 transfer fee.
Once the payment has been sent via PayPal to info at wavesfactory dot com you have to fill and send the form below with the required information.

db3 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:45 pm Buyer beware. Just got caught out by Tone2. Please be aware that they will not transfer a license if you received a discount at the time of purchase. The other thing to be aware of is they won't transfer if a license was purchased from a third party seller.

https://www.tone2.com/license.html

If they do allow you to transfer they also charge €20 to transfer and the licence becomes NFR.
Just to add something else.

I purchased Icarus 2 at some point, but not at full price. Might have been a sale, reseller or 2nd hand, it does not really matter.

However, I did pay full upgrade price of $89 for Icarus 3 and assumed that they would allow resale of directly purchased upgrade license. "Assumption is a mother of all fuckups", as they say ;)

However, they apparently don't let you sell upgraded license either, even if bought at full upgrade price so be aware of that. You can't resell original synth, you can't resell upgrade nor upgraded synth. It is not mentioned anywhere in their license terms.

For a company that boldly states this in their license terms...
Most of our competing companies do not allow license transfers at all. They use a cloud or subscription system that prevents this or they do not care about the European law.
... they surely don't act better than their competitors :clap:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”