Waldorf Micro Q Emulator (Vavra)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

muki wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:40 pm those waldorf UIs are quite a PITA imho (also the same in 3d-real-world)
Yes, and the earlier ones (microQ, microWave) are the worst. The Blofeld at least shows a bit more in the LCD screen.

That's why I wonder why you would use that over the plugin skin, which is much easier, more clear and better to use.

Well, to each his own. ;)

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:50 pm
muki wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:40 pm those waldorf UIs are quite a PITA imho (also the same in 3d-real-world)
Yes, and the earlier ones (microQ, microWave) are the worst. The Blofeld at least shows a bit more in the LCD screen.

That's why I wonder why you would use that over the plugin skin, which is much easier, more clear and better to use.

Well, to each his own. ;)
i'm not using it. i was testing it. but thanks.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:50 pm That's why I wonder why you would use that over the plugin skin,
maybe because there is some additional functionality that is not covered in the editor skin
like, for example, the "generate random patch" thingie
(which if i'm not mistaken is not covered in the editor)

but yes, the original device UI is rather on the sado/maso side of tragedies ;-)
imho the whole waldorf interface/conception with various mod slots on different places etc is a confusing mess...

...and always made me understand how much more useful dave smith made the matrix UI
with just a few buttons and pots more (compared for example with the pulse (1 that is) )

Untitled.jpg
Any idea what I'm missing here? Using a Windows 10 & FL Studio 21 setup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

unpack the waldorf files.

Bring on the waldorf xt .
I am having fun making a shadow xt gui
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Choikdoi wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:57 pm Untitled.jpg

Any idea what I'm missing here? Using a Windows 10 & FL Studio 21 setup.
Do you have the vavra.vst3 also in the superordinated folder ProgramFiles/Common Files/VST3? Looks like it, as the error doesn't say that it loaded the plugin from ProgramFiles/ Common Files/VST3/vavra, as show in your picture.

Or you just put a zip file in the folder, and show the contens of it. Check both possibilities.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:19 am Do you have the vavra.vst3 also in the superordinated folder ProgramFiles/Common Files/VST3?
That was it :dog:

Thanks!
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:09 am Bring on the waldorf xt .
I am having fun making a shadow xt gui
I thought about doing that to mine with a skin from StyleFlip (bought one for my MPC and it was pretty cool) but mines got the Nextel paint on it so a skin would probably just make things worse. :lol:

Bit disappointing that existing bugs in Osirus and Vavra aren't fixed for the sake of working on the microWave XT emulation... all a bit rushed. I would really make sure first that the existing synths work fine before approaching another one.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:41 pm Bit disappointing that existing bugs in Osirus and Vavra aren't fixed for the sake of working on the microWave XT emulation... all a bit rushed. I would really make sure first that the existing synths work fine before approaching another one.
I don't think they are working on xt just yet
Eyeball exchanging

Also unless I'm mistaken we're still in beta on Vavra so I assume bugs are in the process of being squashed.

mjudge55 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:40 pm Also unless I'm mistaken we're still in beta on Vavra so I assume bugs are in the process of being squashed.
After the initial "busy" phase in the closed beta, there hasn't been much active recently.

And, they talked about working on the microWave emu a lot on Discord. They are actively working on it, from what I gathered.

From Discord:
“ the XT and mQ are similar for our purposes, so some work on the mQ is directly applicable to the XT
so yes "it is being worked on" simply because it is adjacent to the mQ”

“ And at the time of that reddit post last night we actually were investigating the XT further, but then got sidetracked by the Q”
바보

NIce
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Instruments”