Beta Testing of Bitwig Studio 5.2

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancit wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:11 am

If you have much luck and have had a cristal ball to look into the future it´s possible by buying at the absolute correct point in time that your 1 year period will include 3 updates... but most of the time it will be just 2 updates...

It used to be 3 updates a year before but since 1 and a half year it´s more towards the 2 updates/ year cycle...
You don't need a crystal ball at all. Crystal ball are hard to get nowadays, even on Alibaba...

Easier to just get a licence code and activate it when you want, when the release happens.
If you do that you are almost guaranteed to get 3 updates...

I'm still sad because at the beginning I need Cubase, but once I have the chord progression and only need to tweak things, EZkeys 2 is good too in BWS. From that point on, Bitwig is amazing and very convenient to use.

Anyway, let's be happy with what we have because this is how it's going to stay.

ps. was a bit hopeful that Logic would get a useful chord editor, but obviously not, m'eh
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:53 am I'm still sad because at the beginning I need Cubase, but once I have the chord progression and only need to tweak things, EZkeys 2 is good too in BWS. From that point on, Bitwig is amazing and very convenient to use.

Anyway, let's be happy with what we have because this is how it's going to stay.

ps. was a bit hopeful that Logic would get a useful chord editor, but obviously not, m'eh
Don't you have scaler 2 ?

^^^

As far as I follow Scaler, it still doesn't have a piano roll. Only the notes of the given chord can be edited, and only its neighboring chord notes are visible.

vs

and Cubase

xbitz wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:02 am ^^^

As far as I follow Scaler, it still doesn't have a piano roll. Only the notes of the given chord can be edited, and only its neighboring chord notes are visible.

vs

and Cubase
Damn ! Last time I did serious work with Cubase (around 1997), it didn't have this feature... How come nobody told me.

Now I want that for Bitwig too.

xbitz wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:53 am I'm still sad because at the beginning I need Cubase, but once I have the chord progression and only need to tweak things, EZkeys 2 is good too in BWS. From that point on, Bitwig is amazing and very convenient to use.
It's worth it to learn to play a keyboard and some music theory. I can record whatever chord progression I want and it is faster than any of those chord helpers. It is also more expressive cause how I play a chord is recorded, not only the note pitch.

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:46 pm
It's worth it to learn to play a keyboard and some music theory. I can record whatever chord progression I want and it is faster than any of those chord helpers. It is also more expressive cause how I play a chord is recorded, not only the note pitch.
Don't need. There is an humanise button in scaler AND Bitwig.

(kidding).

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

vs

and Cubase
Damn ! Last time I did serious work with Cubase (around 1997), it didn't have this feature... How come nobody told me.

this is EZkeys 2: Grid Editor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19B5PIzHeAE
https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezkeys-2/

I don't think Bitwig will ever have something like this, unfortunately

I can play on piano but unfortunately, I can't build something nested like this from my head, even though these are usually what I like at the end

It doesn't matter, everyone should enjoy making music at their own level.

xbitz wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:06 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

vs

and Cubase

this is EZkeys 2: Grid Editor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19B5PIzHeAE
https://www.toontrack.com/product/ezkeys-2/

I don't think Bitwig will ever have something like this, unfortunately
Thanks for sharing mate !

Let's go back to 5.2 now :-).

The only reason I like them is if they can suggest the weird chords that I might not normally think of and can only find through a happy accident, i.e. my hand decides to go on strike at that very moment. Otherwise, I just smoosh notes together and listen to how they sound.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”